Motion Sensor Installation
Set-up Guide | Smart Motion Sensor
Motion Sensor | Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my device?
1. Take the reset needle out of the packaging
2. Insert the reset needle, into the reset button hole
3. Use the needle to press the reset button, and hold for 5 seconds.
4. When the indicator begins to flash rapidly, let go
My sensor isn't pairing , what should I do?
If you are still struggling to pair your device, try connecting in AP mode, rather than EZ mode. To do this, follow the below steps:
1. Press and hold the reset button, using the reset needle. Until the indicator begins to flash slowly.
2. Go to the hey app and tap the small + icon in the top right corner.
3. Select Motion sensor
4. Input your Wi-Fi password and tap next
4. On the next screen tap 'EZ Mode' in the top right corner, and change this to AP mode
5. Follow the steps on the screen to complete your pairing.
If you are still having issues, please head to our contact page for more help from a Hey! Expert.
Can I use the motion sensor to trigger a non-hey bulb?
You could use the motion sensor to trigger a non-hey bulb if this is part of an Alexa routine. You would not be able to use the motion sensor to trigger a non-hey bulb if not! The motion sensors work most effectively with the hey! bulbs.
Can I be notified if someone walks past the motion sensor?
Yes you can, to do this click into the motion sensor on the hey! app
-Tap the shield icon that says ‘notice’ along the bottom
-Enable or disable notification.